Wednesday 30 December 2009

Christmas Market: At the Trocadero, Paris, France

Christmas markets are about to close...the holiday season is almost over.


For a last visit, I went to the one at the Trocadero.


The bonus to this location is having a good view of the Eiffel Tower, up on the Trocadero courtyard.


As I mingled with the crowd, I was attracted to check out the aroma leading me to the food stalls...a glass of vin chaud (hot wine) was just perfect for this very cold evening.


Families were having fun at the skating rink. How I wished I had my kids with me...
except, they are all grown up now.


There was a big to do by the staircase...a man on his bike was entertaining us with his stunt - to bike/jump down from the top of the banister to the ground without falling...and he succeeded!


Briefly, I paused to watch the Eiffel Tower light show, changing hues and color patterns.


An hour at the market was getting to me. I was freezing. 
By the time I took one last look, the half moon was out.

The Trocadero will be the place to be this New Year's eve...to watch the light show and a fireworks display at the Eiffel Tower, and to view the blue moon that will happen because of a partial lunar eclipse from December 31 to January 1.

Well, I need to prepare for this celebration, pack my pic-nic bag with some glasses, a bottle of champagne, some toast and foie gras, nuts, cheese and fruits, to ring in the new year!

Happy New Year, everyone. May 2010 be a year of many blessings for you and your family!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice photos...Thanks for sharing..

    Nides & Lu from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nides & Lu, the Christmas markets are back. They are always fun to visit and I most enjoy trying out the specialty foods.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails