Saturday 17 October 2009

On Exhibition: Vogue Covers



Walking around Paris can, sometimes, be like going to an open-air museum. This afternoon, I came upon an installation along the pedestrian walk, starting on Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, near the Champs Elysees/Clemenceau metro station...




featuring the Vogue covers, going back to the 60s. Marilyn Monroe was a standout.



Some cover themes were artsy.



And you guessed it! This warholized picture of Caroline of Monaco was one of my favorites.



Kate Moss made it in one of the more up-to-date covers in 2009.



As I continued my walk, I got to the Champ Elysees rond point and walked around to enjoy the fall garden pattern of mums...all around. This exhibtion slowed me down, but it was a most welcome sight. Bon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails